Wednesday, July 8, 2009

New perception

I am highly recommending the viewing/listening to Sir Ken Robinson's (2006) speech on creativity which is located here http://moodle.cqu.edu.au/mod/resource/view.php?id=580 . I was so impressed with his theories I watched it two times in a row and will most certainly view it again.
His views on the pathway of the education system on suppressing creativity are quite eye opening, I get a kick out of things ideas that make you go 'ha, why didn't I think of that or why didn't I see that'. I love his statement 'creativity is as important as literacy'. Not one for ever enjoying the core subjects at school but thriving in the arts and anything that was hands on I can strongly appreciate what he is trying to change our perception about.
This has led me to think about how blogs can be a great tool in the classroom in sharing creative ideas or even helping to change another students perception based on another thoughts and experiences.
Continually contemplating.......

No comments:

Post a Comment