Sunday, July 19, 2009

Linking the pieces

This weeks electronic undertaking, required me to use 'information-processing constructivism' (McInerney & McInerney,2002,pp.4-5). Which meant I had to rely/recall on previous Internet communication experience and graft it with the new information I was being taught and participating in, and create new understanding and knowledge. This was in the form of creating a new wiki and increasing my prior knowledge of my learning styles.
I feel I am still yet to grasp the wiki concept and it's potential. As for my learning style, the way in which I best learn was no surprise, but the interesting point of that particular result was how in depth it highlighted other characteristics and personality strenghts. A good resources to use in the future.

McInerney. DM. & McInerney. V. (2002) Education psychology: constructing learning. (3rd ed.) pp.4-5. Pearson Education Australia, French Forest, NSW.

2 comments:

  1. G'day G'day,
    As you say it is a lot to come to grasp with but I am able to see many and varied ways to utilise these tools within our field of ITD. Just think of the peer learning they can do by creating wiki's and blogs and discuss thier work or assignments. Using collaboration in this form is sometimes the only way for students to interact outside of a classroom as they do not always mix with the same groups. If this is the case and you have set a task where thier is collaboration or group work to be done then networking via blogs or wiki's is an exciting way to do it.
    Until Next Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. The use of avatars in the learning environment seems limited to me though as you have pointed out, their use as a tool in peer to peer teaching/learning would be good. The use of blogs and wiki's would be an added element to this 'new' way of interaction.

    ReplyDelete